Monday, April 25, 2011

Flowering Haworthia limifolia

I first noticed my Haworthia limifolia sending up a flower stalk back in mid-March and it has since grown into a silly-looking, wobbly antenna that's about two feet tall.



The stalk is topped with a tightly-bunched series of flower buds. Over the last couple of weeks, the buds at the bottom of the bunch have started to fall away, bloom, and finally fade as the stalk continues to grow taller.



Apparently, the attenuta species of Haworthia can yield a high-flying pup if you clip the flower stalk above the first set of faded flowers. Wonder if it will work for my limifolia...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, how old was Haworthia on this picture? I have the same one, can you tell me how tall it will be, and what is the best?

    Greetings http://dinchensheart.blogspot.de/ :)

    ReplyDelete