Saturday, October 8, 2011

Garlic tucked in

Or, "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." :)

Last spring I potted up some garlic cloves that had sprouted, which grew up nicely inside my apartment and then yielded these lovely little marble-sized garlic bulblets after the leaves had died. I wasn't sure what I would do with them.

I thought vaguely of planting them outside, but a previous attempt at planting sprouting garlic cloves outside last fall yielded nothing but rotten cloves in the spring. Not encouraging.

But hope springs eternal and all of that, so after my bulblets started sprouting this week, I stuck 'em in the ground. Let's hope good things happen!



By the way, Eating Niagara also has an interesting four-part video series on attempting to grow garlic indoors.

Growing Pains: Growing Garlic Indoors part 1
Growing Pains: Growing Garlic Indoors part 2
Growing Pains: Growing Garlic Indoors part 3
Growing Pains: Growing Garlic Indoors part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment